We love growing citrus, scenting our gardens in sweet fragrance and adding zesty flavor to our meals. Our fragrant citrus is currently in bloom and wafting through the nursery. Whether you’re looking for a bushy Improved Meyer Lemon shrub or a sprightly-flavored Dancy Tangerine perfect in a container, we’ve got an abundance of varieties to choose from! Today, we're sharing a tangerine sorbet recipe inspired by our citrus inventory and perfect for a hot, sunny day (which will hopefully be arriving soon)!
- 3 cups fresh tangerine juice (or juice from mandarin oranges)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup (optional)
- Pour tangerine juice, sugar, and (optional) corn syrup into a bowl. Stir with a spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately, or chill for a few hours. Best eaten the day it’s made.
Recipe from Pacific Coast Farmer’s Market Association.