As grilling season approaches, we love this chimichurri sauce as a marinade on the BBQ. Made with fresh parsley and oregano, this easy recipe is a perfect addition to your next cookout!
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsps fresh oregano leaves (or substitute with 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano and garlic (or pulse in a food processor several times) and place in a small bowl.
- Stir in olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasoning. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- If chilled, return to room temperature before serving. It can be kept for up to two days.