This Month In Your Garden
- Protect plants from frost. Be prepared with frost protective fabric, bags and liquid sprays such as Cloud Cover. Protect hibiscus, bougainvillea, citrus and avocados to name a few.
- It's not too late to plant spring flowering bulbs, including tulips, daffodils, freesias, crocus and many more.
- It's not too late to plant garlic, shallot and onions starts or sets (bulbs).
- Plant camellias now for winter color in afternoon shade.
- For more winter color, plant primroses, pansies, Iceland poppies, ornamental cabbage or kale.
- To prevent Peach Leaf Curl, spray with Monterey Liqui-Cop or Bonide Copper Fungicide.
- Prune most fruit trees, roses and deciduous trees from December through January.
- Do not prune spring flowering shrubs and trees such as lilac, quince or flowering cherry until the bloom is finished.
- To prevent spring weeds such as Oxalis and annual blue grass in the landscape or lawn, apply the pre-emergent Bonide Crabgrass & Weed Preventer.
- For Christmas color, decorate with poinsettias and cyclamen.
- Don’t know what to buy for someone on your list? Orchard Nursery gift cards make great gifts!
- Have a safe and happy holiday season!