The beauty of flowers is undeniable, but at times we forget that they provide amazing scents to enjoy, too. Below are a few of our favorite flowers that go the extra mile by providing delicious fragrances!
- Angelwing Jasmine, an evergreen or semi-evergreen vine or shrub, provides a soft, slightly sweet soap-like fragrance. They also delight the eye with snow-white, pinwheel shaped flowers.
- Roses are the classic fragrant flower and for good reason. We have a large inventory of roses available, including miniature varieties. Our current favorites are Pope John Paul II with strong citrus and rose fragrance and New Zealand with strong honeysuckle fragrance.
- ‘Prince Rupert’ or ‘Mabel Gray’ Geraniums will provide a delectable lemon scent! Beware that they don’t tolerate poor drainage and need full sun.
- Angel’s trumpet is a wood shrub and comes in a variety of colors. It gets its name from the unique shape of its blooms. Most varieties are fragrant, but ‘Charles Grimaldi’ is the best.
- Star Magnolia provides a slight sweet scent with a hint of citrus. This Japanese-native is a small tree or large shrub that functions well as a focal tree and comes in a variety of colors.
No matter your scent preference, we can help you find the plant that will make you want to sit outside and breathe deeply all day long.